Perform any and all necessary labor tasks as assigned by the Authority and/or department. These duties include the following:
- Perform a variety of laboring tasks utilizing hand and/or powered tools to dig trenches, and compact and/or level trenches, assist in the installation of water lines, service connections, hydrants, valves, main line connections, and other related water appurtenances.
- Perform a variety of laboring tasks associated with the repair of hydrants, valves, service connections, and/or main line connections.
- Utilize the proper equipment (both powered and hand) and techniques to cut, break, and abrade asphalt and concrete pavement roads, driveways, curbs, and/or sidewalks to facilitate the location of leaks and expose Authority service lines and/or appurtenances.
- Utilize the necessary hand and/or powered tools to repair and/or inspect road, sidewalk, and street cuts.
- Utilize Authority vehicles and/or related equipment for transporting materials to and from job sites or as directed by supervision and/or management.
- Assist and utilize hand and/or power tools as needed for the inspection, servicing, and/or winterization of Fire Hydrants as necessary to assure proper operation, as directed by supervision and/or management.
- Perform a variety of laboring tasks associated with maintenance, landscaping, and upkeep of Authority facilities.
- Perform general janitorial duties, equipment and facility maintenance duties, minor vehicle maintenance duties, and other related building and ground maintenance duties.
- Assist Maintenance, Distribution, Plant Operations, and/or Meter Departments with laboring tasks as assigned by supervision and/or management.
- Assist the Inventory Control operation with unloading equipment and/or delivery as required and/or requested by supervision and/or management.
- Assist Meter Department with the installation, repair, and servicing of meters and associated appurtenances.
- Operate Authority vehicles and equipment throughout the course of the workday.
- Assist in the location of Authority appurtenances.
- Move, repair, connect, and/or install chemical tanks and meter equipment. Utilize MSDS information and comply with all safety requirements. Assist with the installation of chlorine tanks.
- Follow all safety regulations as required by the Erie City Water Authority.
- Perform other similar and related duties.
- Minimum High School diploma or equivalent.\
- Physically able to utilize all listed tools and equipment; work at heights and depths; lift 100 pounds or more routinely; bend, climb, crawl, and stand for extended periods of time.
- Must have a current and valid PA driver’s license. A Commercial Drivers’ License (CDL) must be obtained within Probationary Period.
- Able to lift, bend, and endure physical exertion with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Must have good interpersonal skills.
- Must have good vision, hearing, and speech.
TOOLS & EQUIPMENT:
Air hammer, clay gun, shovel, pick, pipe tools, lawn mower, truck, trencher, power push, tap machines, pavement roller, saw, pipe threader, acetylene torches, various hand and power tools, welding machine, and other equipment necessary to perform functions of the job.