Title: Distribution Supervisor
Supervise and oversee Distribution crews at work sites, and all other related distribution department responsibilities as assigned by Distribution Manager.
- Inspect work sites to determine the best method of repairs; authorize appropriate work crews to be called to site.
- Plan and supervise assignment of work crews in maintenance and installation of Distribution system elements; coordinate and schedule equipment required.
- Inspect and review work completed by crews to insure effective and timely work completion.
- Review previous day’s work and complete associated paperwork.
- Coordinate the scheduling and operation of all work crews on shift.
- In conjunction with the Distribution Manager, insure that the highest caliber individuals are recruited or promoted, trained and developed for all direct report positions.
- On an ongoing basis provide direction and support to all direct reports; conduct Performance Evaluations, as required.
1. Follow all safety regulations and insure all employees on shift follow safety regulations and are properly educated in this area; make suggestions for safety improvements.
1. Complete all associated paperwork required for work order/equipment costing systems.
1. In conjunction with the Distribution Manager, coordinate proper maintenance of equipment; assign appropriate personnel to effect repairs, conduct daily vehicle maintenance check.
- Advise crews regarding resolution of customer complaints and problems; personally resolve complaints when necessary.
- Complete associated paperwork; review and insure accuracy of records of repair and maintenance performed by Distribution crews.
- Perform other similar and related duties as required.
INTERNAL – Must maintain positive interface at all levels within the organization.
EXTERNAL – Must maintain positive interface within the community, with customers, regulatory agencies and vendors/contractors.
EDUCATION: Minimum high school diploma or equivalent.
EXPERIENCE: Previous experience as a Service Tech II or Supervisor in water distribution preferred.
SKILLS REQUIRED: Knowledge of water distribution including most appropriate methods to repair pipes, shut down mains and effect other repairs. Must possess leadership and strong interpersonal skills; must be able to make decisions and exercise high degree of judgment.
Must be able to travel throughout the system to provide direct supervision of Distribution crews. Must have good vision, hearing, and speech. Must have current Pennsylvania driver’s license.
Number of Employees Supervised: 25-30